IoT-enable Products and Devices with Arrayent Connect
The Arrayent Connect Platform provides an end-to-end solution to develop, deliver, and support connected devices that can be remotely managed from anywhere in the world. The Arrayent Connect IoT Platform is deployment proven. Arrayent already enables its global brand customers, to ship 65+ consumer products across five continents.
The Arrayent Connect Platform consists of three cloud service modules:
Arrayent Connect™ Cloud Services
The Arrayent Connect Cloud is an Internet of Things operating system that hosts cloud-based virtual devices that serve as digital copies of physical devices that can be managed remotely from anywhere in the world through mobile apps.
The Arrayent Connect Agent is firmware that sits on your product (or hub). It manages the communication to and from the Arrayent Connect Cloud. The agent can be ported to a number platforms including, Atmel, Cypress WICED, Espressif, Intel Edison, Marvell, NXP (Thread), RaLink, Raspberry Pi, Sierra Wireless, Texas Instruments, and x86 Linux. It can quickly add support for other semiconductor platforms in response to customer needs. The Arrayent Mobile Framework helps rapidly develop user-friendly smartphone apps. It includes Arrayent’s M2M platform web service API and interfaces to a presentation layer to enable manufacturers to build customized, secure apps that manage connected devices and appliances.
Arrayent Insight™ Service
Data is the foundation for understanding your installed base, end customer behavior, product usage, and sales trends. The Arrayent Insight Service provides secure access to customer and product data in a variety of formats that are compatible with all major data analytics environments. Views include point-in-time (Snapshot™), event-based (Stream™), and data model-based (Datasight™), among many others.
Since customers have generally made substantial investments into developing business intelligence systems, Arrayent provides an easy and effective way to deliver critical device and user data without requiring another data analytics tool.
Arrayent EcoAdaptor™ Service
Arrayent customers want to expand their businesses beyond stand-alone product silos to become part of service-oriented systems. The most efficient way to implement these multi-brand integrations is via Cloud-to-Cloud connections. Arrayent offers its EcoAdaptor Service to satisfy this growing business need.
Arrayent and its partners are now working together to deliver a family of Adaptors for popular ecosystems (e.g. Works with Nest, Salesforce.com), and a generic ecosystem interface to enable customers to write EcoAdaptors that maximize specific business opportunities.
Arrayent Connect Platform Features
Arrayent Connect™ Platform Features
- SECURE: Arrayent Connect Cloud is TRUSTe certified and vetted through third-party security audits conducted by the world’s most trusted brands. Arrayent employs 128-bit AES encryption to protect data packets travelling between products and the Connect Cloud. A flexible AES key management system supports numerous encryption key exchange business rules.
- RELIABLE: Hosted across redundant servers and mirrored across geographically separated data centers, Arrayent’s Connect Platform provides reliability on which global brands can depend. If a hardware or network failure takes down one server, data is still available at other locations.
- SCALABLE: Uses modern communication switch architecture to deliver low-cost, scalable, bi-directional communication service, ensuring maximum reliability at minimum cost.
- LOW LATENCY: Arrayent Connect-powered products achieve 200-400ms end-to-end response times.
- DEVICE VIRTUALIZATION: Enables virtual devices to mirror physical devices. The Connect Cloud web services APIs and Agent work together to ensure that changes to virtual devices (through mobile apps interfacing to the Cloud’s RESTful APIs) and changes to physical devices (e.g. temperature change) stay in synch.
- DEVICE PROTOCOL INTERPRETER (DPI): Provides a consistent interface that enables one communication module SKU with standard firmware to support brands with 1000s of product SKUs with a low-cost, scalable development approach.
- RULES ENGINE: Creates an alert condition based on Boolean rules (e.g., if door opens, an alert message is sent). Alerts can be programmed to trigger on virtually any possible condition. Alerts can trigger response actions in products which generate alerts or other connected products.
- PUSH NOTIFICATIONS: Manage alert messages via smartphone (iOS, Android) push notifications, email, SMS and HTTP; includes multi-language support.
- OVER_THE_AIR (OTA) FIRMWARE UPDATES: Supports over-the-air firmware downloads to products and hubs/bridges.
- DASHBOARD: Gives your operations team a quick view of your product network health, including API response time, customer account creations, and devices added / provisioned and service status.
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT UI: Improve connected product support with a comprehensive view into the customer’s product status. Customers can be located through searches by customer or device ID. In addition, support staff can remotely view current status and manage device attributes and rules, as well as add or remove devices.
- PRODUCT DESIGNER UI: Defines product and customer data models, global behaviors, customer accounts, customer attributes and localization. The tool automatically creates web services APIs specific to your environment.
- DEVELOPER UI: Enables web-based GUI development to view the status of connected devices prior to the development of a web or smartphone application.
- ANDROID & iOS MOBILE APP SDKs: Provides API abstraction and functions related to interfacing with the Arrayent Cloud.
- DEVICE MANAGEMENT: Provides management for devices’ unique ID, AES-keys, user binding, firmware versions, and more.
- USER MANAGEMENT: Includes capabilities for password, password reset, device binding, account details and more.
- ARRAYENT CONNECT AGENT: Connects to an extensive number of embedded computing platforms from Atmel, Broadcom, Marvell, NXP, RaLink, Texas Instruments. FCC-certified modules from Azurewave, Murata, MXCHIP, Texas Instruments, and USI. Raspberry Pi and x86 Linux are supported too. LAN-agnostic and supports any LAN protocol, including Wi-Fi, Thread, ZigBee, Z-Wave, and proprietary protocols. It is lightweight requiring less than 30KB of Flash and 5 KB of RAM memory resources.
Arrayent Insight™ Service Features
- SNAPSHOT: Provides device and/or user attribute values of all active devices on an Arrayent network at a specific instant in time, pushed at scheduled intervals (daily, weekly or monthly). Provides visibility into connected product population over time.
- STREAM: Delivers device and user events as they occur, in near-real time, to any preferred data repository. Can monitor error codes generated by a large population of connected products.
- DATASIGHT: Exports a device and user data model update to preferred business intelligence (BI) system.
Arrayent EcoAdaptor™ Service Features
- ADAPTOR–SPECIFIC: Enables communication among third-party ecosystems. Uses the Arrayent data model to deliver user and device data to the ecosystem that triggers specific actions that are unique to the user. EcoAdaptors are written to specific partner APIs. Specific Adaptors (e.g., for Works with Nest) are available from Arrayent and its system integrator partners and can also be written by your own team.
- ECOADAPTOR FOR NEST: Gives ability to to make use of the “Away” and “At Home” states provided by Nest Labs ecosystem. It’s a proven service element already used by Arrayent customers that have passed Nest Labs “Works with Nest” certification process.
- ECOADAPTOR API: Enables development of unique, partner-specific EcoAdaptors to connect products to third party systems, independent of Arrayent’s EcoAdaptor product roadmap.
- ECOADAPTOR FOR SALESFORCE: Allows products the ability to send service tickets into the Salesforce CRM cloud. This EcoAdaptor is sold and supported by Arrayent partner OSF Global Services. View a demonstration here.
Arrayent IoT Platform Benefits
Increase Customer Engagement
Arrayent connected products deliver engaging consumer experiences:
Give customers greater peace of mind, such as knowing that their garage door is closed or child arrived home safely from school.
Offers customers new product capabilities, such as reordering of consumables.
Improves the product in place by automatically updating and upgrading software and services.
Enhance product interaction with voice, mobile app, and machine learning interfaces.
Take advantage of new distribution and customer communication channels:
Enables products to connect to partner ecosystems that add value to customers with the EcoAdaptor Service.
Precisely target marketing and advertising based on consumer usage patterns and products.
Reduces consumable repurchase friction to enable higher sales.
Arrayent’s cloud-based IoT platform:
Uses best of breed features shared by other Arrayent customers.
Reduces cost with Cloud delivery model.
Uses best practices learned from multiple large customers.
Secures customer and application data through third-party security audits.
Identify New Business Opportunities
Device and user data that enable BI and analytics initiatives:
Serves customers better by analyzing consumer buying and product usage patterns.
Identifies new features and product update opportunities.